Directions for Use:
- Mix 1 measured unit/pouch of Insuladd (13 dry ounces)
per 1 gallon of paint
- Volume will increase by 20%: when mixed 1 gallon = 1.2 gallons
- Mixing recommendation:
- 1 gal paint -use at least a 2 gal bucket & add 1 unit of Insuladd Additive
- 5 gal paint- pour 2-½ gal paint into a 5 gal bucket & add 2½ units of Insuladd Additive
- Paint containing Insuladd can be applied with a brush,
roller, or sprayer
- When using a sprayer the recommended tip size is .617-.621
- The small cartridge filter for the sprayer must be
removed to avoid filtering out the additive
- If needed to thin for flow, add ½ to 1
cup of water per 1 gallon of paint
- NOTE: if paint is not water based, follow thinning instructions on paint
- If needed to thin for flow, add ½ to 1 cup of water per 1 gallon of paint
- Add the Insuladd Additive gradually to your paint while stirring to avoid clumping of the ceramic microspheres in the additive.
- Always stir your paint for a minute or two prior to commencing painting if the paint has been sitting for more then 2 hours since last used.
- The optimal application for energy savings is two coats of paint containing additive
--- Insuladd Additive will add slight texture, and may slightly affect the hue of DARKER colors
- Insuladd Additive will leave a very mild dusty-feeling texture to the surface to which it has been applied, but will not visually affect most wall surfaces.
- Insuladd Additive may appear to lighten darker colors one hue.
- The additive will flatten the finish of the paint one
- For special finishes apply the coats with the additive under the finish coat
- Insuladd additive is inert, and will not affect the chemical properties of the paint in any way.
Know Before You Paint